OPI has released their new Fall lineup of nail polishes. As one of the more popular nail polish brands – you should probably pay attention as we head toward Fall 2011. If you’re looking to update your look with the latest fall colors [versus recycling colors you’ve been using all year on your nails], look no further than this line of polishes! If you’re a crackle nail polish fan, this fall collection doesn’t introduce anything new in terms of crackle polish unfortunately, but these awesome Fall 2011 colors can give you those perfect nails!
Beautiful nails of course start with proper nail care, but assuming you have this under control, then it’s time to decide what nail design look you want to sport this week, this month, and even this season! As summer months come to an end, the vibrant red nail polish shades start looking a bit tired, and if you’re like me you may want to jump start a new nail design for fall as we get into school starting, labor day…all the preliminary seasonal milestones! If you’re into easy nail designs [i.e. as a beginner], then sticking with a single color polish may be right for you. If you have OPI nail envy what better way to overcome it by trying one of their latest colors?
Note - although one of my favorite places to buy OPI polishes at REALLY good prices is drugstore.com – Around the holidays I can actually find a better selection of OPI polishes on amazon.com, and of course combine purchases for me with all of the other gifts I am buying for everyone else! If you like drugstore.com you can check out for example current pricing on the Katy Perry Shatter Polish as one example of the awesome inventory they carry!
So what OPI nail polishes are being promoted for fall 2011? Well, typical of OPI, they’ve come up with a cool theme called “OPI Touring America” – check out their nail polish site for an awesome marketing intro to this line of polishes [love the clothing and look on the model’s face as part of the motorcycle gang!]. They’ve named each polish in this collection after a different city to highlight a bit of the unique culture of each city – it is a pretty cool online show to watch.
That’s one thing I like about OPI – they have fun names and themes which aren’t matched even by high end polishes like Chanel Nail Polish. With the simple use of a new, trendy nail polish color you can have an entirely new set of nail art ideas – fashionable nails have never been easier!
Ok so how about these new OPI Nail Polish Colors – I get the cool names and factoids about the cities….well, the colors of course live up to OPI’s normal standards to provide you with beautiful nails with quality polishes at attractive prices. Let’s go over their latest 2011 nail polish colors for fall:
- “Are we there yet” – A pastel orange polish reminiscent of Oktoberfest and pumpkins! This polish features Milwaukee, WI and provides a great culture sound bite – including the city having the nations oldest Oktoberfest celebration.
- “Color to diner for” – A nice slightly dark red polish – definitely reminds me of the upcoming fall color explosion of leaves. Features Tucson, AZ as this polish’s stop on the nations tour.
- “Honk if you love OPI” – Best described as a dark, almost grayish purple. Hard to put into words, so go check it out online or at your local Ulta Cosmetics store. Tied to Baltimore, MD…since I’ve never been there can’t comment on their little clips…not sure about this color though, as it seems to want to be a sophisticated purple, but the grayish look is putting me off a bit.
- “French Quarter for your thoughts” – Can you guess the city for this polish? I like the look of this OPI polish for my designs…kind of a silver/grey color, but very subtle and not really like my current collection of silvers. I think this is a must try.
- “A-Taupe the Space Needle” – ok, again – if you can’t guess this city then you need to truly start your Tour of America. This shade is best imagined [without looking at it] as a brown/bronze combination. I normally don’t wear brown nail polish as to me it is difficult to match with the type of clothes I tend to wear…but if you are in to browns, this one looks pretty unique, and of course appropriate for fall.
- “Road house blues” – Highlights Jacksons Hole, WY. Never been there myself, but since I live in the Denver area I’m already used to some pretty spectacular mountain ranges. This OPI polish color is a very dark shade of blue [couple shades darker than a navy blue], with a hint of purple in it. This is on my list to try for my fall nail designs.
- “Suzi takes the wheel”– St. Louis, MO. Struggling with this one as it looks like a slightly darker version of OPI’s French quarter for your thoughts…may have to buy both of them and try them on my nails to see the difference.
- “I eat mainely lobster” – I admit I didn’t get this one at first – “trains and romance” in this city…turns out they are featuring Philadelphia, PA. Still not sure I get it, and I’ve been to Philly. Maybe I didn’t ride enough trains to fall in love. This color matches it’s name – it is a light pastel red, and does remind me of a lobster [maybe before it is cooked, as it isn’t a dark shade by any means]. As red polishes go, I think I like this one as it isn’t the typical reds you likely used over the summer.
- “Uh oh roll down the window” – NY,NY focused. I don’t get this one. With all the highlights you could have used about New York, where did you come up with roll down the window? People don’t drive in NY anyway, so I totally don’t get this name tied to this city…and not to be too negative, this is another shade of brown that wouldn’t appeal to me personally. If you’re into OPI brown polishes, check it out on their web site as I want to move on to the next one already.
- “My address is Hollywood” – Enough said right? I love this one – try and combine pastel polish, pink, and vibrant to visualize this one. Not your typical pink, and not overwhelming. Cool OPI polish shade – I’m sensing awesomely beautiful nails and compliments with this one, and it will definitely make it into my fall 2011 nail design strategy!
- “Get in the expresso lane” – Clarksdale, MS. Never heard of it, and of course have never been there. This is another brown shade that I’m not a fan of in general, so you’ll need to go check it out yourself if you’re into brown polish shades [sorry, I’m just not].
- “I brake for manicures” – I need to get this put on a bumper sticker for sure. Memphis, TN is featured with this color. I will struggle to describe this polish though – best I can do is a dark purplish black with hints of brown. Totally unique within my personal collection, and I think I may buy a bottle to try as the brown tint is more of a subtle suggestion and the darker purple/black seems more prevalent.
These polishes are so new they are actually a bit hard to find. I’ve had luck finding them on amazon including the complete OPI Fall 2011 Collection as well as some mini-sets which are a cheaper way to try out some of these awesome colors. Click on either of those links to check them out in more detail!
Another place that seems to have more options to purchase either the full set, or a smaller portion of the collection is ebay – you can click this link to review what is available on ebay:OPI Touring America Collection
So check into these beautiful new nail polishes from OPI. While I was a bit opinionated in my personal preferences for some shades of color, if they match your style then go check them out!
As always – have fun with your nail designs – whether using crackle polish or trending towards a pure black polish look – have some fun with it! If you aren’t sure about wearing OPI Nail Polish, you can check out more articles on this wonderful line of beautiful nail polishes in my site – simply explore using the menu or the tag cloud to the right!
If you aren’t up for a nail design session with OPI Fall Colors, check out how easy nail designs are with the new generation of real nail polish stickers you can apply in under 15 minutes!