Hi there. I recently wrote about the awesome Fall 2011 Nail Polish Collections from OPI, which as my avid readers know is one of my favorite nail polish brands. However, it isn’t the **only** brand of nail polish I use, so I thought I’d expand a bit and fill you in on some other fall polishes that have caught my eye! I’ll try to add to this posting over the next couple of weeks and expand to China Glaze and Essie when I can find a few more minutes! Sometimes the best and easiest nail polish design is simply using one of the latest and greatest polish colors!
Zoya Fall 2011 Nail Polishes
Zoya has introduced 2 sets of polishes for their fall lineup. The first is their Mirrors Collection, which is an incredible set of 6 polishes that I’m itching to try. “Mirrors” refers to the shimmer that you see from this slightly metallic nail polish formulation – since you already know I am a huge crackle nail polish fan, I am drawn to trendy but easy nail polish designs that exhibit a different effect than just a plain old base color, and while this isn’t a crackle polish set, the shimmery effects have me excited!
As mentioned in my other post on organic or safe nail polishes, Zoya remains true to form with these polishes being formaldehyde free, DBP and Toluene Free. The mirrors polish collection for Fall 2011 is made up of:
- Nimue Fall Polish – this is a muted purple shade with a subtle silvery metallic sparkle. Very classy looking.
- Marina – you can guess this shade – a subdued blue with metallic hints, a very cool color shade of polish.
- Tao – Brings up visions of meditation for me, but in reality this fall 2011 polish from Zoya is a light grey with hints of a machine type feel to it that makes me want to dress of the club scene in Manhattan!
- Yara – This is not necessarily my kind of color to be honest, but I have an aversion to brown style shades given my complexion and fashions…best described as an olive shade with subtle gold metallic sparkles.
- Neeka – this for some reason made me think of one of my favorite shows “Alias”…this 2011 Fall Polish is hard to describe – to me it is a vibrant purple with gold accents that create a nice shimmer effect.
- Jem – Ok – out of the above collection, I have to say this is the first one I will try when I get my set. It is an intriguing dark purple-red combination with a gold sparkle that shines through for an amazing effect. It looks daring, racy, and yet crosses over nicely into a classy look when needed during the day [i.e. at the office].
The Smoke Collection from Zoya, also part of their Fall 2011 lineup, is best described as a set of cream polishes. The Jana polish has subtle grey and purple tones and is described as a medium nude polish.
The remaining 5 polishes in this collection range from black to a teal color, to brown and a few shades of purple. I’m not going to describe all of them here, as you can find more info at the Zoya site and can view the colors in larger scale than I can provide here!
Suffice it to say that Zoya has again brought us an amazing and versatile set of safe nail polishes for us to dress up our fall wardrobes – I’m ready – are you?
(The above photos are compliments of Zoya)
Happy Wednesday all – and to all a good night